Thursday, March 06, 2008

Loom Knitting Meme

This is making the rounds. I saw it first on Denise's blog.

What are you loom knitting?

Just for fun...a loom knitting meme. What have you made with your loom? What do you do knitting/fiber related? Copy and paste the following meme into your blog and link back to me by commenting to this post.


What I've made on my knitting looms and what I have done knitting/fiber related:


Afghan - several


I-cord – many, of different thicknesses


Garter stitch - absolutely


Knitting with metal wire - no


Shawl - several


Stockinette stitch - yes, constantly


Socks: top-down – yes, singles


Socks: toe-up – singles here too.

Knitting with camel yarn - nope


Mittens: Cuff-up - plenty


Mittens: Tip-down - no


Hat – More than I can count


Knitting with silk a fine strand with wool for socks - no


Moebius band knitting - yes


Participating in a KAL – A few

Sweater - yes

Drop stitch patterns - yes


Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn – oh yes

Slip stitch patterns - definitely


Knitting with banana fiber yarn – hmm, where do I find that?


Twisted stitch patterns – e-wrap counts


Knitting with bamboo yarn – yes, very soft


Charity knitting - some

Knitting with soy yarn – yup

Cardigan – no, but I should


Toy/doll clothing - some


Baby items - some


Knitting with your own handspun yarn – Spinning used to be a dream, but it’s fading as I get older


Slippers - Definitely

Designing knitted garments – uh, yeah.

Cable stitch patterns – done that for years

Lace patterns – simple ones, they’re a bit challenging on looms but getting easier with the sliding peg thingies

Publishing a knitting book - check


Scarf – uh huh


Teaching a child to knit – Just how many Girl Scouts have I worked with?


Knitting to make money – I don’t think I’ve ever sold a knit item…

Buttonholes – uh huh


Knitting with alpaca - yup


Fair Isle knitting - no


Dying with plant colors – not for knitting, but I’ve smashed flowers onto fabric…


Knitting items for a wedding - no


Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies…) - yes


Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) - yes


Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn - yes


Holiday related knitting - yes


Teaching a male how to loom knit – yes, but not many


Bobbles - yes


Knitting for a living – You can support yourself by knitting? Sign me up!


Knitting with cotton - yes


Knitting smocking – not really

Dying yarn - no


Knitting art - no


Fulling/felting - yes


Knitting with wool – how else do you felt?


Textured knitting - yes


Kitchener stitch - yes
, without knitting needles!

Purses/bags - yes


Knitting with beads – both knitting a strand of beads and stringing beads along the yarn and placing them in the stitches

Swatching – All the time


Long Tail CO - yes


Knitting and purling backwards – let's see, would that be going the opposite direction on the loom?


Knitting with self patterning/self striping/variegated yarn - yes


Stuffed toys – working on them


Knitting with cashmere (mmm, cashmere!) – I’d like to


Darning – ugh. When I was a kid I’d darn socks using a plastic easter egg on the inside. 


Jewelry – yeah, knitting with beads.


Knitting with synthetic yarn – that would be the cheap stuff, acrylic, right?


Writing a pattern - yes
!!!

Gloves/mittens – Both

Intarsia – not a lot


Knitting with linen - no


Knitting for preemies - no


Short rows - ya betcha!

Cuffs/fingerless mits/armwarmers - yes


Pillows – they’ve never held much appeal, though my Grandmother used to needle knit gorgeous patterned ones.


Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine – does knitting a pattern FOR an online magazine count?

Rug – no, but I want to


Knitting on a loom – Duh!

Knitting a gift - yes


Knitting for a pet? – I’ve threatened, but dh would draw the line


Shrug/bolero/poncho – two out of three


Knitting with dog/cat hair accidentally or on purpose? – Cat hair all the time. Mine too. And horse hair sometimes.


Hair accessories – yes

Knitting in public – Absolutely!


Knitting with buffalo yarn - no


Knitting with pygora – hmmm, goat hair, sounds fun

Dyeing with food dye/drink mixes - no


Dyeing with chemical dyes (acid, etc) - no


2 Comments:

Blogger Mamapooki said...

Thnnks, this has helped me sort out what I've done and what I want to do.

3/08/2008 6:18 PM  
Blogger Dr. Crystal Grimes said...

Participating in the meme... :)
http://baby-hugs.blogspot.com/2008/04/loom-knitting-meme.html

4/18/2008 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home